How to File a Complaint:
To file a complaint with the Title IX Office for an incident involving relationship violence, sexual misconduct (including gender or sex based harassment), and stalking please refer to the online incident report form and include as much information as you possibly can. Complaints can also be filed with the Title IX Office by emailing email@example.com. You may also call our office to report at 704-687-6130.
Here are some basic definitions of the people associated with Filing a Complaint:
Complainant – As defined in University Policy 406/Code of Student Responsibility, the Complainant is an individual who allegedly experienced sexual and interpersonal misconduct while they were a student or University employee.
Respondent – As defined in University Policy 406/Code of Student Responsibility, the Respondent is a student or student organization who has pending formal charges.
Title IX Investigator – A University designated and specially trained employee who is charged to investigate complaints of sexual misconduct, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking.
Title IX Coordinator – The University's designated and specially trained employee who is charged to coordinate the University's efforts to comply with and carry out its responsibilities under the law.
Below are the responsibilities of the UNC Charlotte Title IX Coordinator:
- Oversee the University's response to Title IX reports and complaints.
- Identify and address any patterns or systemic problems revealed by such reports and complaints.
- Investigate, when appropriate, complaints of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, and sexual violence.
- Ensuring a prompt, thorough, and equitable investigative process for everyone involved.
- Training the campus community of prohibitions of Title IX, protections of Title IX, and reporting requirements.